Don’t Sacrifice Speed for Accuracy… you can have both!
For companies who utilize the telephone to sell a complex product or service, a lead generation campaign is only as successful as the work that goes into designing it. From refining the messaging to vetting the list to making strategic decisions about who and what to ask for, there’s typically lots of prep work to do before BDRs even hit the phones.
But spending too much time on these details can stall the launch of the campaign—and sometimes, time is of the essence. In all types of sales, nothing’s more important than the bottom line. Your lead gen campaign should help you actually meet your sales goals, not just push them off to the next quarter or year.
That’s why speed is a major selling point for many outsourced lead gen firms. Recognizing that their clients are usually balancing tactics against timing, they promise a quick onboarding process and almost no waiting period before opportunities start flowing in.
So how do you know who to trust in all this? Who’s for real, and what’s their secret?
The answer has to do with your target market, and who specializes in making calls into that industry. For a lead gen firm, specialization often translates directly to the ability to onboard clients quickly. This is because even if such a partner knows nothing about your product, they still know a lot of useful information about your prospects. For instance:
- They know what times of day and days of week are best to make calls into your market.
- They know how to navigate through the various departments of your targeted type of institution.
- They know how the purchasing process is likely to work, and what personas typically make what decisions.
- They know your prospects’ likely pain points and concerns.
- They know which buzzwords and technical terms are effective in your market—and which aren’t.
- They know what data points to include when developing the perfect list.
- They know which types of opportunities—such as phone calls, web demos, or onsite meetings—will ultimately yield the best ROI in your industry.
Not only will an outsourced partner with a breadth of specialized knowledge learn quickly, they can also help your sales team fill in some of the gaps in their own knowledge. You won’t have to do weeks and weeks of legwork. They’ll have already done it!
VSA is a great example of this. While we never partner with the direct competitors of our clients, we’ve developed specialization in certain industries—such as software, manufacturing, education, and healthcare—by working with a plethora of companies who all target some of the same complex markets. In our initial onboarding conversations, we’re able to offer insights that can help our clients instantly clarify key questions or overcome challenges they’ve been facing for years.
The result? They don’t have to sacrifice speed for success. Whatever timeline our clients are on, we can both launch their campaigns quickly and generate the right opportunities to help them reach their goals on time.
Speed and precision: by selecting a partner with the right specialization, you can truly have the best of both worlds!